Hotpoint Aquarius DWF33 - continuously trying to pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening folks,

I've had a look at a couple of other forums and started poking around inside the thing. The symptom is that when I start a wash cycle, it tries to pump indefinitely in repeating pulses. The unit had been working until last night. I turned it on and went off to bed, when I got up this morning it was stuck trying to pump but not emptying. The water isn't draining away.

I've taken the cover away from the impeller and checked it's free and clear. So I'm guessing, after that, it'll either be a knackered pump or a blockage in the draining hose? Any other suggestions welcome...

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
Put the drain hose in a bucket see if it comes out. Give the pipe a few good shakes poss blocked.

It's being told to pump because the water is not draining? Control circuitry is responding correctly?

Thanks for the responses. Have taken it out, disconnected and shaken the drain hose and, with water still sitting in the machine, nothing came out.

I noticed, having taken it out from the wall, that the pump which seems backed up is on the feed line - the line vibrates when the pump sounds like it's straining.

I've seen a couple of suggestions that the matrix and pressure tank can block up - how can I get to them?

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
How much water is under the filter. Or is it above the filter.

Have you taken off the non return valve above the impeller to see if its jammed , it's a black rubber cap.

Indeed, the impeller is free and clear, turning freely. I've taken out the grate, filters and the cover off the impeller and I can't see or feel a block anywhere.

Having freed the draining hose and the non-return valve, would it be worth putting some water back through the hose pipe?

Sludge on pressure sensor in drain area can fool the machine into thinking it,s water, makes sure area is clean, bit of boiling water helps break up any gundge in there.

Okay, so the drain is running properly and free and clear - I guess it was having a problem with gunk or, perhaps, leaving for a wee while helped loosen it up.

Now back to the original symptom where the delivery pump's pulsing but not really pushing any water through. So I'm thinking it might be a blocked matrix from what I've read - how can I take the panel off the side to get into it?

Cheers
Rich

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back