Hotpoint Aquarius WF320 flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's the washing enhance light that is flashing - this I know relates to the heater relay.

Does this automatically mean I need to replace the pcb?
Is there something else I should be checking first?

Is this an easy fix?

So many questions... :oops:

Sponsored Links
Check the heater for continuity first. If that's ok the its the relay on the pcb. You can locate it and replace it from maplins rs etc or change pcb.

Sponsored Links
Okay - can get a meter and know how to use one.

Where is the heater and where do I connect the meter to?

Remove the rear white lower panel. The heater terminals are in front of you. With a 10 mm nut on it and 3 wires earth live and netruel. And two thin blue wires in the middle. Put the meter on the two outside terminals.

Thanks for all your help up to now

Measured with a meter getting a reading of about 31 ohms.

Is that too high? I know you said 25 ohms before

If not how do I sort out the relay on the pcb?

Not sure where exactly the pcb is and what I'm looking to replace

Yep heaters ok. Heater relay is on the pcb back left hand bottom corner looking from the back. You need to find which relay it is and replace it like for like. All I replace is the pcb. Call emw in Nottingham they repair the pcbs they might tell you which relay it is.

Just the four screws edge of cabinet. Then it just pulls out.

Looking at rear of machine there is one screw at bottom left and a small rounded cover above with two screws fixing it in place.

Are the four screws you are talking referring to inside?

Okay - have managed to locate and remove screws.

There looks like there are a lot of connectors linking to the pcb housing (assuming that's what the white plastic is)

I'm also assuming I need to remove all of these?

So far have only managed to free the broadest one that clips directly onto the circuit board at the back.

Is there an easy way to disconnect the rest? Like are there any clips or do I need special tools?

Don't want to force anything too much in case I damage anything beyond repair

The white plastic is the pcb you are after. It only comes out just to the end , you need to pull of the connections but take a photo where they go. Then Unclip the plastic and that's the pcb.

Should the connectors come away by hand or should I use pliers?

Do seem awful tightly fixed - some not budging!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back