Hotpoint Aquarius WF340 Washing Machine flashing lights

Don't be sorry, that's absolutely fine, I'll take as many pix as you need, you're really helping me out. I'll just take some now and I@ll go somewhere lighter see if I can get away without the flash.

Sponsored Links
Just seen your other message, I don't have a meter unfortunately. Are there places I can take the board to get checked / fixed?

Only on ebay that I know of, £30 + 3.50 post

Do the photos anyway so I can see closer for other likely problems.

Might be best to buy a new board 2nd hand, ebay if you can find a match. Likely cost £15-30.

£29 buy it now, free post - fully tested. Just type in wf340, scroll down about 6th item.

Or further down £20 or best offer + 3.20post, in working order , make offer!

Sponsored Links
Its pretty evident the board is faulty and providing your sure it was heating and working fine otherwise then this will cure your erratic problems.
Might just be worth cross checking the part numbers just to be sure he has the correct board, version numbers not particularly important.

Be nice to know the outcome.

Keep those wiring connector photos safe! Perhaps post on here just in case camera has a funny moment.

I've emailed the seller to double check the serial code. Yes it definitely seemed as if it was working fine apart from the flashing lights. Hopefully it'll fix the problem (fingers crossed!). Thanks again

Part arrived yesterday, fitted it last night and it worked :) no flashing lights! It is making a bit of a 'funny' noise tho, like a rattling noise (baby's rattle noise rather than clunky noise) I'm hoping that's just because I've not yet put the back back on (wanted to see if it worked before I put all the innards back in), keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks so much for your help Yardie, it's much appreciated.

Sounds good!

Check it is in deed heating the water.
Try different programmes like spin only, drain only and then some of the wash programmes just to be sure the board is working.

Not sure I like the sound you are describing, check inside the drum and beteeen the drun and rubber seal first, check all cables etc are tied back and the control board has been mounted and fixed back into place securely.

Does it make the sound when turning and spinning the drum fast by hand? On slow turn or high speed spin?

It obviously never made that noise before so must be something simple.

Oh yes, I am sure its ok as you have used it since but just check for leaks again before closing her up.

Yeah I'll do those few checks and get back you! I haven't put the board back where it was yet so maybe that was upsetting it? Didn't want to clip it all in to find it wouldn't work then have to I clip it all again! Will keep you posted :)

Have you got a meter? Sorry, you said before you don't.
Without a meter theres no real way to test the element or check for 240v.

No, don't have one unfortunately :(

Would an electrician have one? I could ask on my facebook profile to see if anyone could come and rest it for me?

I've got a 30deg fast wash on at the moment, I figured if the water wasn't heating what's the point of using a higher wash (I've got stuff in that really only needs a quick wash). When that's finished I'll try a 95deg wash because maybe I just felt the glass when it was rinsing? I'm sure before tho, on 40deg or 60deg, the clothes feel a bit warm when they come out. Will test and see.

Usually on quick wash or low temp the glass bowl should feel warm but ideally put on a 95 like you say, you'll def feel the heat then.
Are you still getting the noise?

Electrician will def have a meter. Be good if he could do it as a favour, free!
Or anyone with a meter will do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back