Hotpoint Aquarius WF340

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we swich on all of the lights flash on/off continuously for several minutes - the longest has been 40 minutes, then eventually everything returns to normal and the machine operates normally. Any ideas to cure this problem

Sponsored Links
If every light flashes then look at the sticky at the top of the page scroll down to the bottom. It's a cap on the pcb c17 and costs pennies from maplins.

I got a reply from Rocks1 - thank you. However I am new to forums and I dont understand "the sticky" rocks1 refers to and which page I am to scroll down. Are there other "dummies" out there can help me understand the answer? Jaydeebee

Sponsored Links
I have bought a C17 capacitor to change on the main PCB but I don't know where I can get access to the PCB. I have photos of the back of the machine which I can email to those who can help me.
There are only 3 apparently removable panels on the back of the machine. The oval panel - (top right) has the water pipe connection and does not move even with the screws removed. The cable goes through a square panel approx 50mm x 50mm. And at the bottom there is a panel which gives access to the drum motor. Where is the access to the PCB?? Any help will be appreciated.
Regards Jaydeebee

Looking at the back of the machine the pcb is located in the bottom left hand corner. Remove the bottom cover & you will see it.

Thanks to this forum I was able to repair my own machine. If you are attempting to replace capacitor C17 on the main PCB may I give you theses two tips.
Before you disconnect the push in wiring plugs on the board, take a careful note of where they go. Once they are all disconnected it would be easy to confuse them.
Also once you identify the two pins belonging to C17 on the bottom of the circuit board, scrape the lacquer around the solder connections to expose the solder itself otherwise your soldering iron won't melt the solder to allow you to remove the component. Be careful that you don't damage the circuit board itself in this scraping process.
I really appreciate the help given by the members of this forum
Jaydeebee

I have reaired my pcb on my hotpoint wf340 but like a muppet not sure where a couple of the connectors go,
can anyone please help,
thanks

hi have done the hard bit but i have 2 wires left! brown and blue,
available ports are on the push in blocks please help!

block of red wires go in 1-5 along the edge, next is blue and white they go in 1-12 to the other end of the board black/grey go in j9 that in the corner go blue/brown into j1 then on the side of the board where the pins are sticking up leave to pins blank then goes the red/green/brown/grey wired block then the blue wire then the brown wire then lastly the gr/brown/black wires
hope this makes sense and you get sorted

I hope he did. It's a year later and poss bought a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back