Hotpoint Aquarius WMF760 paddle - how does it fit???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm slowly losing the plot. I have genuine Hotpoint/Indesit part C00065463 drum lifter. The locking tab bends sideways so I have to push it down to slot the paddle in, but how do I lift it back up? It's now under the paddle!!

I simply cannot see how to do this, unless there is a special tool? Or a VERY precise fitting method?

Any help is gratefully received!!!!!

Sponsored Links
You don't. Just put it on and slide it back

I did. It slid back off. So I raised the flap slightly more & tried again. It was harder to fit but with gentle persuasion (certainly gentler than a full load spinning at 1600 rpm) it slid back off :(

Sponsored Links
yes, they're intact, it's just the issue of sliding the paddle againt a sharp tab pointing at right angles to the direction of push. Too flat & it doesn't grab, too high & it cuts the plastic, The online videos I've found only show models where the tab quite logically points in the direction of sliding.

boo.

The tabs in the drum 6 of them slide on top of the plastic lifter. The tab inthe middle of the drum should be raised to act as a lock. The lifter should be level when pushing down and sliding back to lock it in place.

yes, the tab is raised and is supposed to act as a lock. but i cannot physically slide the paddle on with this raised - it is in the way. if I lower it first then is not high enough to act as a lock. ???

You need to use a bit of brute force and push it down wiggle it and then slide back. Some go on easy some are stiff.

thanks. i tried that but it ripped the paddle. BUT - have just found the old broken one and it is much harder & thicker plastic. so it seems the 'genuine' spare part I bought is not!

That's why. You bought a monkey one , claiming its a genuine spare its a lookalike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back