HOTPOINT AQUARIUS WML540 DOOR HANDLE BROKEN- FLIMSY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELLO MY HOTPOINT WASHING MACHINE FINISHED ITS WASH CYCLE TODAY AS USUAL AND THEN CLICKED TO SIGNAL IT WAS READY FOR THE DOOR TO OPEN. I HAVE THEN PRESSED THE HANDLE AND IT FEELS FLIMSY AS IF THERE IS NO PULL ON THE OPENING MECHANISM. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO OPEN THE DOOR MANUALLY, POSSIBLY WITH A SCREWDRIVER MAYBE.

IS IT POSSIBLE THERE IS ANOTHER PROBLEM THAT COULD AFFECT HOW THE DOOR HANDLE OPERATES. PLEASE HELP :(

Sponsored Links
Capital letters are considered as "shouting" on the forum. You should be able to relase the door latch by either removing the top & reaching down to the latch or with strong thread stretched from top to bottom of the door or slim blade slid in from the RHS to pull or push the latch lever to the left. With the door open you will then be in a better position to see if the latch or the lock is faulty.

Remove the kickstrip theres a pull cord for door release , it tells you in the Manual.

Hello thank you for the reply. I saw a video where a guy said to tilt the machine at 45 degrees and put your hand up to release the door interlock and catch to open the door. been trying that for hours and cant get it right (as i cant see what i am doing).

I have opened the kick panel and pulled the lever but the still wont open. i have pulled on the lever quite hard. still nothing

Sponsored Links
Capital letters are considered as "shouting" on the forum [/quote]

apologies i am new to writing on forums.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back