Hotpoint BFI620 Dishwasher fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dishwasher starts ok and fills with water but the spry bars do not spin. The water heats up and the soap dispenser opens. At the end there are two of the LED's flashing which are the second and fourth ones from the left. I was told that these lights indicate a heater fault but the water heats ok, the part that doesn't seem to work are the spray bars spinning and spraying water. The water will also drain away ok. I have some basic knowledge of fault finding but not sure how the heater would cause this type of fault. I have already checked the pump for any blockages and all is ok, impleler spins freely. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you got the right lights , you have a circulation pump fault.

Is this a differnt pump from the pump that drains the water as this seems ok, if so any idea where this would be?

Yes different pump. Look for the big pump with a spring coil on it. At the back of it is a small slot does it turn freely.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help, I will have a look, can this pump be opened to clear out any blockages or does the whole thing have to come off, I managed to remove and refit the other pump, just need to know if this is a straightforward job or not before I start.

The screw turn freely now but seemed jammed, it will turn clockwise no problem but will only turn about 4-5 turn anti clockwise then jams, is it supposed to turn freely in both directions?

Yes it surposed to run free both ways. Just remove the pump and give it a shake and see wot comes out. But you cannot take them apart it's a sealed unit. I bet there's glass or pips in it.

ok will have a go but the hose connections are not replacable like jubilee clips and look like you need to replace them if removed

Theres a trick there , slide them off then put washing up liquid in the inner black tube and on the White stalks of the pump and slide on. If you get stuck you can get jubilee clips from motor factors. Don't break open the clips cos they won't go back on

ok, thanks, I suppose worst case scenario is to replace them with jubilee clips if I get stuck but will give it a goo, nothing to lose as its not working anyway. Thanks for all your help and advice it is much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back