Hotpoint cdt80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Am trying to get the top and back off this dryer in order to try and sort both the f-10 problem, and why it is tripping the house electrics.
I am struggling, there has to be a simple way surely....all screws are out....what next?
Any help great fully received and thanks in advance
Millie900

Sponsored Links
Once the 2 lid screws are out hard slap on the front edge and lid slides back. It's tripping cos heater is poss wet. The rear banjo cover comes off via the screws then pulls off. Dry heater out and clear pump chamber And condenser.

The heater(what I am guessing is the heater element) is actually dry, managed to get that cover off, and the impeller is free moving.
I have the 'matching' washing machine, and the top comes off really easy on that (changed door switch and also door seal in the past).
This top is however going to have to wait or heavier handed husband to persuade it :(
Will the condenser do you think survive a drying and cleaning out by an airline?

Hose pipe or jet wash even .then leave to dry for a few hrs. Any muck in the pump at the back while u r there.

Sponsored Links
If the pump is at the bottom right at the back with the two hoses going in, then I can blow through these easily.....

Yes but the base of the pump tray could be clogged with wet fluff then sprays on the heater.

Ok, I can prise down the top part of where the two hoses enter the grey plastic housing. Within that part are a few electrical parts, which are dry, but how do I get into the bottom half of that ?pump? . There is water in there, you can hear it when blowing through the pipes from the top.
Many thanks for your help and patience.

It just now pulls up. And then you can see the tray. Grab the black pump and pull.

It certainly does! Quite a bit of water in there, float working fine, emptied it all and put the whole machine back together........it works, and the lights stayed on!
Still couldn't get the top off to try and sort the f-10 issue out, but hey, it's working. I have learnt quite a bit about the drier thanks to you, I am very grateful for your help and advice.
Many, many thanks,
Millie900

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back