Hotpoint VTD00 dryer -- trips rcd/scraping noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Hotpoint VTD00 dryer which I know has had a few repair attempts in the past but is still causing problems now. The dryer trips the RCD if left on 'high heat' for more than a few minutes, and regardless of this the drum is making a scraping noise when it's rotating.

I'd like to have a go at sorting this myself, any ideas on what might be causing all this and where I can start?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
heater wires rubbing on the side of cabinet also to stop the scraping a new modded drum is needed .the old drum is warped .

Any advice on how I can sort out the heater wires?

And also how practical is it to try to sort out the drum myself? ie. expense and difficulty. I'm quite competent and able if I know where to start, but don't want to go in out of my depth either.

Thanks again for your help so far

Sponsored Links
remove rear banjo panel at the rear and check the wires that go into the hole at the rear they are rubbing against it ,as for the drum you can try and put a washer on the drum spindle to push it away from the rear panel also clean any fluff off the front panel .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back