hotpoint combind fridge freezer model FAA71

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, my daughter has the above model fridge freezer, the fridge part at the top feels very cold and it is on position 2 on the control above the fridge door, the freezer temprature warning light is on red and the bread inside the freezer compartment has started to defrost, although other items appear still frozen (FOR THE TIME BEING ) the compressor at the back appears to be running and it is nice and clear from fluff etc on the vains at the back of the fridge freezer, the appliance is 5 years old and has not been mistreated in any way, does anyone have any ideas what the problem could or can be kindest regards David

Sponsored Links
hi all further to my last, i defrosted my daughters fridge freezer hotpoint faa71 and left it for a good 3 days taking the mains plug out, the appliance wasnt very level, that has now been all done both left to right and front to back it is level, thoroughly cleaned out, and switched on this morning, as expected both red warning lights are on, however my daughter states that the fridge part (the upper part) is starting to get cold and there is ice forming on the back of the interior of the fridge, however the bottom part the freezer does not appear to be getting cold, think i will wait and see till morning, any suggestions would be appreciated, regards dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back