Hotpoint Dishwasher Model HFC3c26wuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased a new dishwasher and installation instruction are not clear.
Have removed packaging and dishwasher is free standing.
Noticed polystyrene is installed inside cabinet at rear down sides and across the top.
The only way to remove would be to take off top.
Was not sure, as manual shows how to remove top, if polystyrene should be removed or is there to give rigidity or sound proofing to sides.
Tried to ring Hotpoint but having held for some time keep getting cut off.
Can anybody advise from experience should I leave or remove.
Spent most afternoon trying to contact Hotpoint via chat line and phone. Chat line keep referring me to phone contact as appliance is new.
John

Sponsored Links
Hmmm the only manual I can find online is how to use it rather than install it any chance of some pics of the manual too?

Photos attached
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 270
Sponsored Links
Don't know your model but given its location I would say that's like you say for soundproofing and possibly vibration proofing too

It can't be transport packaging normally there is very clear instructions to remove it before first use (like transport bolts on a washing machine)

Think Manual only shows top removed if height has to be reduced to fit under counter top.
No reference to polystyrene at all.

Thinking about it , it could also be to make the machine more eco friendly by insulating it more so the hot water stays hot for longer so the heater isn't use as much

Sounds like you should crack on installing it and enjoy not having to wash up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back