Hotpoint dishwasher not heating!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anybody please advise?

My 1 year old hotpoint BC1450 dishwasher is no longer heating the water or drying. I bought it from a shop that went into liquidation so cannot get them out. I have removed the flow through heater and checked both terminals for continuity and it was ok. I then set my meter on the 200 scale and probed the 2 terminals and got 0.09 ohms (is this correct??). I have also removed both circuit boards behind the control panel and visibly checked for any signs of burning etc and that connectors were on properly. I also probed 1 terminal on the loom that attaches to heater and the opposite end that goes to a connector block on control panel (pale blue wire) for continuity and was ok, also the second wire that goes from loom at heater to solenoid/relay on rinse aid/detergent despensor (pink wire) was also ok. The machine performs fine with no error lights and tablet door opens ok but all cold water and plates still wet!
Please help!!!

Regards,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
Pcb is faulty. Heater relay gone.

Hi,
Thanks for quick reply. Was unsure about heater because of reading and the fact that it had continuity. I take it 0.09 ohms is not good?!!!
I just ran machine again and when i opened the door, the water was at best, tepid but when i felt the base of the machine from underneath, it felt quite warm. Would the pcb let the heater work at a reduced temp or intermittantly??
Is the heater relay the round black disc with the hole in the middle?? If so, i probed each terminal and the copper disc inside it and only 1 of them had continuity. Does this mean anything???
Where is best place to get new pcb from?

Many thanks for your advise,

Gary.

Hi,
Just realised that the round black thing is the buzzer! The black square thing is the relay! Is this likely to be the culprit? With those resistance readings, is it a good idea to change heater as well or is this ok?

Thanks,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
Yes that is the relay. Heater should be 25 ish ohms but its very low. If the dispenser opens it means the heater is working. That model is 5 years old as well.

Hi again,
Thanks for your reply again! Not sure i understand what you mean :oops:
If the door is opening (which it is as i ran it without front cover on and saw the solenoid actuate) then you say the heater is working. Does this mean that the heater is just not getting hot enough or the relay on pcb is not letting heater work as it should? Sorry for being a dipstick!!!

Gary.

If the dispenser door open it means the heater is ok. The heater relay on the pcb is faulty. You need a new pcb unless you can match a heater relay up from maplins / rs etc.

Hi Rocks1,
I bought a relay from RS today. I have soldered it on and tried dishwasher. I selected program and shut door. After a few seconds, there was a single beep. After about another 20 seconds, there was another single beep. As it didn't seem to be doing anything, i opened the door and no.2 led was flashing (normal cycle). Have you any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Gary.

You got water in the base. It's set off the float. Poss inlet hose loose. Tip it back see the water come out.

Hi Rocks1,

Yes, you were right! sorted that now but still a problem exists!
Goes through washing drying cycles fine, but when finished, all clean and dry but eco light (no.3) flashing and sounds like pump or motor is still working! This stays like that till i power it off. Book says 'water load solenoid valve malfunction alarm'
Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Gary.

Hi Rocks1,

Yes, you were right! sorted that now but still a problem exists!
Goes through washing drying cycles fine, but when finished, all clean and dry but eco light (no.3) flashing and sounds like pump or motor is still working! This stays like that till i power it off. Book says 'water load solenoid valve malfunction alarm'
Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Gary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back