Hotpoint EG74X Dual fuel cooker power rating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've ordered this cooker which is on its way but I'm having trouble clearing up the power rating. I live in an old coucil house that was modernised some time ago but always used to have gas cookers in it that only used the mains for ignition so the circuit is only rated at 16A rather than 45A as most cooker circuits are and although the wiring from the isolation switch to the outlet is high current wiring I'd bet my left leg that from the consumer unit to the switch is thinner stuff.
My old cooker was a 4 ring haolgen and double oven jobbie and it was fine running the main oven and all 4 rings but if you put the top oven on as well the circuit would trip after a few minutes, easily got around but annoying at Christmas and get togethers etc.
I've looked everywhere to find out the power rating for this new cooker but all I can find is the power consumption of 2200Wh which isn't terribly helpfull. Assuming that it wasn't some idiot writing the wrong details and actually meant power rating of 2200W (which would mean little under 10A and therefore very good for me :) ), then presumably this is the consumption over an hour in which case at any one moment it could be drawing a heck of a lot more that 2200W which could be a problem.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thank ye all!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back