Hotpoint electric oven and grill cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Hotpoint electric oven and grill and the unit has been cutting out after 5 or so minutes. Cut to the chase.
I have replaced the thermostat and still happening. I have on order a new oven element but have now realised that the unit is cutting out when using the grill as well. So I fear that changing the oven element will do nothing to solve my problem here. Is there another thermostat in the unit that's at fault here? Is it time for a new oven? It is about 20 years old and had replaced elements previously. Thanks.
Hotpoint BS53x

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by cutting out, is it just loosing power or tripping a circuit breaker. If it's the former then check the isolator for a loose connection as a first step

Hi. What I mean by cutting out is all power seems to be temporarily shut off, no fuses are being tripped. Everything shuts off even the clock display.

Separate or common switch control, not sure.
There are two knobs. Left is the oven on with temperature/ or grill on. The right knob is a min/med/full which is always on full.

Sponsored Links
1000024622.jpg
The top switch (thermostat) is what I have replaced.

As I said first step is to check isolator for loose or burnt contacts. If that is OK do you get 230/240v at whatever point the cable terminates inside the oven when it goes off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back