replacing grill element hotpoint edcs51h

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how do I replace the grill element on a hotpoint edcs51H?
I have bought a replacement element for the grill. Do I take the back off the cooker to change this or can I do it from within the top oven?

Instructions welcome please. I've searched for a video online but can't see one for this model.

Sponsored Links
It's best to remove the back.

Even if the grill is screwed from inside the oven you are likely to damage, or at least lose, the wiring when you pull it out.

Don't forget to switch off the power and check for dead. (or is it just plugged in?)

Sponsored Links
I've got this job done. The element is held by two screws - one for each bracket of the element. Remove these. However, I found that the wiring was short preventing me from changing the element from the inside, so I had to access from the inside/back of the oven. The top/hot plate section is held to the rear by two screws. Remove these.

The top can be lifted and moved forward to give some working space to get your hands in. I managed to remove the clips from the element from the rear, then pull the element out through the grill section. The wires shouldn't drop down the cooker as they are held by cable ties. I tend to have some tape ready in case there could be a problem and I need to temporarily fix loose cable down. I put the new element in. Attached it to the cooker via the two screws. Clip the wiring to the new element from the back. Replace the top section and that's it.

The metal "exhaust" pipe is close to one side of the element wiring. If you have to move it to the side for easy access to the element wiring/clips, make sure you reattach it to the rubber hose before reassembling and switching on. Also ensure the protective sleaving covering the element wires is put back in place to prevent the wiring leaning against the exhaust pipe and being exposed to excess heat. If in doubt, take a picture as soon as you move the top off the oven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back