Hotpoint Fan Oven 6182

RJT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The existing element on the above fan oven has gone and I need to replace. I have ordered a new element but on receipt I found it to be 10mm short on its diameter. I sent this back to the supplier and ordered another element from the local shop. It has arrived and again the new element is 10mm short. The difference in measurement is causing the fan to be off center and the element is not central to the fan which will cause the fan to knock. I know that I am quoting the correct oven type number. Any one got any clues where I should try next otherwise it looks like a whole new double oven which seems a touch over the top. Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
Post a picture of your old element along with sizes.
I'll look up the original part number when I'm in the office tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply. I have two photos but do not know how to load them to the site. Any clues?

Here is a picture of the OLD Element
oldelementma9.jpg

And here is the picture of the NEW element which does not fit
newelementbu2.jpg

Unless someone can help it looks very much like I am going to have to buy a new fan oven (£500) rather than £25 for a new element, which seems a bit over the top.

Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
If you order a genuine one from Hotpoint although slightly more expensive it will fit.

Hmmm, yes Hotpoint.co.uk are showing a price of £99 for this element!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back