Hotpoint FDW80 thermister specs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas anyone?

Or where to buy one without having to buy the timer board as well?

Sponsored Links
As per previous post, I have 2 FDW80's. 1 is on the recall but the other is not. Both exhibit the same fault symptoms. Both have the same part at fault i.e thermistor.

No unfortunately no markings on either the smd or the pcb.

I could work out the specs but it would be long winded and above all else time consuming. Maybe its the only way to go then?

No you can't get themistors seperately. Get one done free of charge by the recall.

Sponsored Links
That is an option then I could tear it down and take some readings from a known working part.

Presumably it is the timer board thats replaced then.

Yes and thermistor is hard wired to the new one. You could swap s/no over when done and take other one to another house and get that done free of charge.

Yes soldered on by fly leads.

That would be dispicable, besides surely they maintain a list of repaired units according to s/no. which is unique to each machine.

Once I have a correctly working thermister it will be easy to find a replacement bead or smd alternative.

Nope. S/no never check by hq. If mc is placed in a diff house or sold on that other person don't know it's not been done.

So just need to buy another house to put it in and make up another alias. Who am I again? Even I can't remember.

Can't be trusted, they wouldn't let me have it back!

I do have a house currently vacant so shall get it over there pronto.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back