Hotpoint FF200E - Fridge too warm - Baffle not opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our FF200E fridge has started to not drop in temp. After reading posts on this forum i read about the fozen ICE issue. I took a look and while there is some ICE there is not much. I have gotten rid of it all which hopefully will make it more effective.

In the fridge there is a panel at the back which I have removed to expose the two vents to the freezer section. The top one has cold out coming out of it which does start to bring down the temp BUT when I put the panel back on I noticed you can't feel the air coming through.
At the top of the panel there appears to be some flap which is closed (has some wires coming out of it) This is blocking the fridge working.

Could this be the fridge not sensing the temp right and not letting the cold air in? Faulty thermister or something?

Any ideas

Update:

After further investigation. If I disconnect the baffle for a few minutes and then connect it up again, it runs for about 30 seconds which opens and closes the baffle but then it remains closed. - What controls when it opens?

The only other sensor I can see if the one in the port back to the freezer but can't see any easy access to the wires for it or see what its connected to

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back