HOTPOINT FFP187BG FRIDGE FREEZER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the above applicance and it's giving me a headache.

The fridge is working fine, but i tried to reverse the doors. When I went to fasten the screws on the otherside of the fridge, the holes that were already there to be used were too BIG! because there were not any threading inside the holes to accomodate the screws. I know this is the problem because on the original side of the fridge where the hinge is, the screws are held screwed in securely because there is threading inside the holes...

Has anyone had any similar problems? Any solutions before I call HOTPOINT and use my 1 year guarantee.. Can't use the appliance at the moment because the Freezer door is temporarily removed!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Does it say in the instructions that the door is reversible? if so then this is a manufacturing fault :eek:

Hi
Just had my fridge/freezer delivered and have same problem, how did you resolve this?

thanks

Rhbeen said:
I bought the above applicance and it's giving me a headache.

The fridge is working fine, but i tried to reverse the doors. When I went to fasten the screws on the otherside of the fridge, the holes that were already there to be used were too BIG! because there were not any threading inside the holes to accomodate the screws. I know this is the problem because on the original side of the fridge where the hinge is, the screws are held screwed in securely because there is threading inside the holes...

Has anyone had any similar problems? Any solutions before I call HOTPOINT and use my 1 year guarantee.. Can't use the appliance at the moment because the Freezer door is temporarily removed!!!!!!!!!!!

i know this is too late,but for anyone else searching...this is a terrible manufacturers error,to fix the problem this is what i did..
on the bottom right corner after removing the three screws there is a plate that these screws screw into,you need to remove this and fit it to the bottom left,i did this by using a very small screwdriver and gently levering the plate down through the screw holes,you will then see the plate start to appear at the very bottom of the fridge freezer,i then used some long nose pliers to gently wiggle it out then slid into the groove under the bottom left hand corner after coating it in a lil bit of vaseline!! god knows why both sides were'nt fitted at the factory!! severe cost cutting???,overall it took me around two hours to completely swap the doors and im still not totally happy,it appears the doors hang higher now but the seals seem ok.

Sponsored Links
Please note the model I have here is a Hotpoint FF187E which is very similar I believe to the one your talking about here.

Hi guys - I know this is an old thread but I think if I post this it will be helpful to anyone in the future ever reversing the doors on a Hotpoint FF187E fridge freezer, I took at look at the manual, ninjatwiglet is 100% right there is a metal bracket either bottom right or bottom left behind the holes which hold the door hinge on.

I have another issue at the moment and currently in the process of revesing the doors on a FF187E Fridge Freezer, I have inserted an image for review also.

if you notice the plastic brackets which have one screw into them I'm trying to position the door hinge to be on the left side as you can see I have posted pictures of the plastic fitting both sides as an example, one side fits fine for "right hand hinge operation" but when I exchange to the left and screw it in, it does not seem lined up properly or compatible, when I just screw it in anyway the door jams. any help appreciated thanks.

PLEASE NOTE - FREEZER DOOR IS UPSIDE DOWN IN ALL PICTURES

PIC 1 - you can see where the original position of the plastic bracket was
PIC 2 - you can see the destination and the screw does not line up with the screwhole
PIC 3 - if I line it up incorrectly the bracket is not twisted to the wrong position (you can also see the little mark where the door was jamming when I tried screwing it in
PIC 4 - and overall view of the hinges on the left (which is my destination position)

Hi Zorgan
I have exactly the same problem as you. It would appear that the plastic brackets that are fitted are DX (right handed) you will need SX (left handed) brackets but nobody seems to be able to supply them. Did you find a solution?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back