Hotpoint Fridge Freezer Strange Fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a strange fault on a Hotpoint fridge freezer Model HBNF 5517 (UK). The green outside power light is off, but inside light in the fridge is on. Both fridge and freezer are not functioning, getting cold/freezing etc. Obviously power from the mains is supplying the beast, but only the fridge light is working. Is there a reset sequence for this model or easy solution? Any ideas to a fix would be appreciated.

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

Sponsored Links
Is it an automatic defrosting model?

Blup

I know diddly squat about fridge freezers, however like any electrical appliance/tool, just cause power's getting to it probably doesn't mean very much. By that I mean there's maybe a board, thermostat or compressor fault. I'm assuming it's not something as straightforward as the thermostat being turned to off/zero e.g. during cleaning. If the appliance is doing nothing, I'd be tempted to switch it off at the mains until an engineer has investigated the fault.

Sponsored Links
Tried the 24 hour unplug scenario, but still the same. Green Power light off fridge light on, but no fridge or freezer on. So weird. Any further thoughts welcomed.

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back