HOTPOINT FRIDGE FREEZER MODEL FFA90 - Fridge not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one help :?:
We have a HOTPOINT FRIDGE FREEZER model number FFA90
The freezer is working but the fridge is not :!:
The fan is working and it sounds as though it is chilling but inside it is not cool.......
If anyone can identify the problem and if i am able to repair please let me know

THANKS

Sponsored Links
Hi Thanks,
Yes its frost free, but it is the fridge not the freezer that is the problem.
Is this related to the problem?

very likely

especially if yours relies on cold air being blown from the freezer part into the fridge part

frost-free freezers are notorious for the internal airways getting clogged with frost and ice. As the channels are internal and out of sight, if this happens, you have to take out all the food, open the doors, and leave in a warm room for a couple of days until it is all thawed out and there is no more water dripping into the cabinet or into the evaporation tray round the back (you have to pull it out to check, and sponge it clean)

Sponsored Links
Did this work?
I have the same problem with no alarm sounds.

Is there any quick way i can defrost the drain?

I just spent the day de-icing the whole thing. There was a lot of ice clogged up over time in the vent to the fridge, and around the drainage hole and pretty much every where else.

I have finally got it clear. Poured water through the drainage whole to check if it will empty and its fine.

Should i still leave it to defrost? (not a sign of ice any where).

Also, when does the fan to the fridge go on?
I saw it spin earlier when i connected it up to check, but it is not now as the freezer is cooling (currently on -5) and the fridge doesnt show the current temprature just the temprature i set it to.

Thanks.

The fan comes in when it reaches -18 in the freezer to blow cold air into the fridge.

A quick update.
I took off the back cover for the freezing element, And took a look. I noticed the air vent that runs to the fridge was totally frozen over.
So i left the fridge open and took off as much ice as i could. This defrosted it and cleared it up, also cleaned out the drainage hole.
I then switched it back on and voila it works fine.

I think in the near future i need to change the seals as it is quite old.
I presume the seals are leaking, air is getting in and its condensing over the back?

Is this expensive to change?

Thanks for all your help guys.

Nope. They just pull off and clip on. Cost about 15.00 each. It needs a defrost that's all. As long as the seal shuts flush with the edge it's fine.

Thanks for this post. I read the issue and tried defrost of full fridge for 50+ hours. Now restarted and am able to get cooling done in both fridge and freezer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back