Hotpoint oven DHS53X Fan issue

Sponsored Links
All testing will be with mains power disconnected (plug removed from wall).

Only setting you should really need will be lowest ohms range.
Connect probes together to see what reading you get.

I'm starting to doubt myself if there is actually a problem, we just kicked the oven in and the hidden fan kicked in, the main fan didn't the oven got up to temp and main fan kicked in. When i turn the oven on to defrost mode the main oven fan does'nt kick in but something does, have i possibly been looking at this from the wrong end.

Is there a temp light that goes out when oven at set temp?
Is it working correctly? I.e comes on when oven switched on then goes out when oven to the temp you set the oven too.
Do you have a cooking thermometer to check the temp?

Sponsored Links
Yes the temp light comes on, and goes out when temp reached turn the temp a bit higher, it comes on and goes out when temp reached again.

Be intersting to see how the fans are wired.

Check with meter, elements, motors (fans), cut out switch and thermostat.

May as well check what you can whilst its accessible.

Well there you go, took the fan front plate and the the fan fins off and started the oven back up and the spindle is turning, replaced the fan and its working ok, now the oven was still a little bit warm so will try again later when the oven has cooled right down, but looks like the fin wasn't seated properly !!

Me again, all seemed to ok until yesterday, turned the oven on to cook tea, left it for a while, went to check everything was ok but the oven didn't seem to hot and when i opened the door a load of smoke emptied into the kitchen from the oven, tea was only warm, fortunately there is a small top oven built in, turned this on and everything tripped. I have had a look this morning, i turned the main oven on with the oven door open, the element started to heat up only put in on 100 degrees, oven heated up reached the temp and element switched off waited for it to cool expecting it to kick back in, it didn't, turned the oven up a bit to 120, element came back on reached the temp cut out and never kicked back in, at no point did he fan kick in.

In the seven days or so it was back working did you notice if the fan was coming on immediately after switching the main oven on?

No the fan doesn't come on straight away, it looks as though it allows the oven to heat up then the fan kicks in, i have had another look, i cleaned up the thermostat probe which was caked in ****e and its regulating the temperature again !!?. Not entirely sure if there is still an intermittent problem but seems ok again

Playing up again, fan not always coming on, sometimes heating up and regulating sometimes not, am going to just replace the thermostat and fan motor and see what happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back