Hotpoint Oven FXTP6 (edited)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
looking for some advice
my hotpoint oven has stopped working but only in the forced air mode
All was ok earlier in the day, put oven on, after 10 minutes noticed it was not heating up, although display said it was "trying"
At that point thought it must be stat or element
Tried using conventional and convection modes, amazingly both these work.

So my question is what can cause forced air mode not to work , but rest is ok.

I guess it may be a relay related to the forced air, but with no drawings I simply don't know.
Any advice appreciated

thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you have posted the correct model number, I cannot find any info about it. If. it is correct do you have the serial number.

Sponsored Links
Google suggests this may be an Ikea Oven model number?

It'll be the heating element surrounding the oven fan in the rear panel area that has likely failed... tho it might be the selector switch to energise that element, or wiring connection... element is most likely failure.

Different elements for the conventional heating (in top, maybe doubling as a grill, and bottom panels) are energised when that mode is selected by the switches.

thanks for the reply
definitely came from hotpoint as they have been in discussion, although only interested in sending an engineer, no tech support at all.
OK so separate elements, thanks makes sense. thanks for taking the time to reply

thanks for the reply
definitely came from hotpoint as they have been in discussion, although only interested in sending an engineer, no tech support at all.
OK so separate elements, thanks makes sense. thanks for taking the time to reply
Fair enough.
Dangerous thing electrickery in the hands of the great unwashed; so no manufacturer is gonna tell someone to pull a oven to pieces... ;)

If you can find a correct model number the various spares parts places will have exploded diagrams and parts lists... espares etc.,. https://www.espares.co.uk/

The numbers you've given return nowt.

ok thanks for the info. I've no idea why oven not recognised, all info off oven

found the number on original receipt SI4854PIX

For what it is worth, if you pull door open, the serial number and FD (date of manufacture code should be visible).

BTW if you google FD codes. You will find sites that will let you translate the code.

hello Harry yea fan appears to run a second or two after mode selected

hello Harry yea fan appears to run a second or two after mode selected

As above then, most likely the element, or it's terminals. You will need to open it up and examine it closely. Check the resistance across the element with a meter, if you have one.

thanks for the reply, yes I've got a meter I'll try and check the element, any idea if I can access from inside the oven by the fan,, or via rear of unit (remove unit )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back