Hotpoint Slimline dishwasher short circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher has started shorting out. Basically, it has been showing a leak warning sign for a long time, but the floor underneath and behind hasn't been wet and so I assumed that maybe it's a false report. However, recently, the machine shorted out and tripped a switch in the fusebox. Basically, the machine starts, loads some water, and shorts at that moment, or a minute later when it tries to wash. I hear a bang, and it trips a switch for the kitchen sockets. The bang appears to be coming from the floor of the unit, at the back corner right hand side if we're looking at the dishwashers front. The exact model of the dishwasher is Hotpoint Ultima super silent SDW85. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Purely a guess but it sounds like the heating element has gone open circuit to me - and there's some electrical arcing somewhere
(Just to make your day even more complete :p )
John :)

Hahaha!!! :D Thanks again John! :) I'm having the type of day that I feel motivated to get answers and get my hands dirty with fixing stuff! Car, Dishwasher, and also managing to spray the garden with an eco friendly mixture to keep spiders out of the house and the garden. There are some nasty looking ones in the back garden!!!!

Most of the help I offer on here is computer based or painting & decorating! Maybe some day I can help you out, but I doubt I'll have helped you out as much as you've helped me!!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back