HOTPOINT TCM65 CONDENSOR DRYER NOT HEATING????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mates wife has changed the heating element and also two thermostats.
no heat whats so ever. can anyone tell me how to test thermostats.one has a green dot on and the other has nothing.
when i put ohm meter across the one withthe green dot and the meter readings was continuously going up. when i did the same to the other it was 000 no reading.
if any one knows please send idiot proof instructions on how to test or replace . can you check readings when running if so at what setting. can you just do a continuity test ? with a buzzer on the meter.
How can I check the supply to the element , there is three wires how do i check the voltage and what should reading be ??????
HEEEEEELLLLLLP. :eek:
is there a wrong way to attaching the wires to thermostats ? if so which colour wires go to green dot thermostat

PLEASE READ THIRD REPLY FOR FURTHER QUESTIONS ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sponsored Links
first model number needed yes you can test greenspot with a con tester it should bleep disconnect the two wires first, DO NOT PRESS THE UNDERSIDE OF STAT it should be oval ,otherwise it will be open circuit if it bleeps the other stat should as well make sure condenser is cleaned out first otherwise it blows the stat again .report back any findings :)

So reading between the lines both thermostats should bleep with con tester.
can it be possible for the thermos to be put in the wrong place and wrong wires on , even though my mates partner swears they are back on an in the same place connected to same wires,
There is nothing going to the heater element at all .

Should the green dot thermo be on the left as you look from the back of the machine to the front???

Sponsored Links
yes green on left orange wires connected to it. both should bleep

Checked the thermostat with the green dot without cables attached and there was no continuity reading. The other thermostat gave a bleep to confirm a reading.

I know that there are some possibilities on blowing a new thermostat can any suggestions be made so that I don't waste my £18 .

Can anyone suggest a generic thermostat or a cheaper one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

drop the green stat on the floor 2 or 3 times til disc is bowed out ,if it pops later after drying you have another fault and needs sorting

TRIED SEVERAL DROPS ON THE FLOOR BUT COULDNT GET THE THERMO TO POP,

wHAT COULD THE FOLLOWING PROBLEM BE IF I COULD HAVE MANAGED TO GET IT TO POP AS IM STILL DETERMINED TO GET IT TO POP WITHOUT SPENDING £18

trust me :LOL: drop on the front if u can, a few more times it does work make sure condenser it cleaned out completely and dont open during the cycle :D

Hi just a quick update. i tried dropping it and sure enough it worked for two days. it has now gone off again and no reading. tried dropping it to no success. any ideas whats causing the thermo to go again. door was not opened during cycle??????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back