Hotpoint tumble dryer thermostats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I bought replacement stats for my hotpoint tvm570, but can't work out which is which. The existing ones have a code and the replacement ones have a temperature rating. 120c & 150c. The wiring has a pair of orange wires to one stat and a blue & blue with a black to the other. Any help would be great. I'm an electrician myself so willing to help with any related questions on here. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hello, I bought replacement stats for my hotpoint tvm570, but can't work out which is which. The existing ones have a code and the replacement ones have a temperature rating. 120c & 150c. The wiring has a pair of orange wires to one stat and a blue & blue with a black to the other. Any help would be great. I'm an electrician myself so willing to help with any related questions on here. Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping you get an answer as I have just joined to ask the same question about my Hotpoint TCM580P. Old stats are both black and new pair are one black 106 0 & one white 143 0.
Awaiting responses with much interst.

All sparky 150 goes the the right hand side of the heater

Sponsored Links
Thanks Rocks. I'd found another post on here saying that the existing high temp stat has a spot on the back, so changed that for the 150. All up and running again for £5 parts on eBay. Thanks again.

If you reset the stat by a pin in the middle of the stat , or by Throwing the stat on the floor to reset. Cost nil.

I found that tip as well. Threw the stat on the floor and it worked. Tested it and I had continuity again! It also loosened the disc on the front of the stat, so as I already had the replacement I fitted the new one. Didn't want to risk fluff getting inside it and burning the place down. Ha ha. Thanks anyway mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back