Hotpoint washing machine door locked - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint AQXXF 149 which has decided to permanently keep it's door locked.

The power to the washer was cut last night when the switch box for the house went off. Ever since then it's been playing up.

It still washes etc, it's just the door is jammed!

There is a manual door release mechanism, which you are supposed to tug... I tugged a bit too much and the thing fell off!

Now, I've taken the top off the machine to see inside, but it's just too tight to get to the door lock. It's the same if I try to reach from underneath when it's upside down.

Anyone know how I can release the door lock? Or is it a call out job?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
is there still water in it if so it wont open. drain water first ,then try and open it.

is there still water in it if so it wont open. drain water first ,then try and open it.

There's clothes in it but all cycles have finished so no water.

It will still let me start new washes and it finishes them fine, but wont release the latch on the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back