Hotpoint WD420 washer dryer flashing light error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any body help!! our Hotpoint washer dryer has just developed a fault having looked up the fault codes i have lights 1&4 flashing which i believe is f09 eprom / setup error.
can this be resolved i have isolated the machine from the power let it run down, then turned on the power, but no luck!!!! or is this a new pcb?
if any body can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Kevla :cry:

Sponsored Links
Yes new pcb req. EPROM set up corrupt. Nothing you can do , google emw for a recon pcb.

Thank you Rocks,
this is as i suspected, but its good to have a second opinion! is the PCB easy to get to? as i never had to take the machine apart from the top only from underneath as the filter is buried away in the Pump unit from memory!
:) what a great place to put the filter this was a mornings work when in a confined space and never done it before!!!!!

Its at the rear in the corner, remove rear white lower panel. Take a photo of the wires.

Sponsored Links
Hello I have a hotpoint washer dryer. I am having trouble with it the drying high heat, crease reduction and the time saver lighter flasing along with the on and off light, Can someone tell me what the error is i am having trouble understanding the link that you have with the errors, also I have only used the dryer on it once or twice as it didnt dry the clothes very well.

Thanks Anthony

What number lights are they on the left. 12345 top being 1

hi its the 1st 2nd and 4th. looking online it says it is something to do with the dryer but i have only used it once thanks for your help

Thats error f13. Check Heater / fan assembley. Could be a Wire off as well.

I will open it up and check it doesnt spin it only goes round a few times before it speeds up. Thanks

I take it the wash is ok just the dryer is faulty.

i dont use the dryer on the machine it is the wash that wont work. the dryer isnt very good on this machine it doesnt dry the clothes very well that i have a dryer aswel that is why am confused because i have only ever used the dryer twice.

Remove the lid and look at the heater box connections one could be loose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back