Hotpoint WD440 Drainage issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 3 months ago it stopped draining. I found this forum and followed the recommendation and removed the drain, and cleaned out the coins, jewlery and fluff. It worked again until today..

Normal wash, and the 1st and 3rd LED's down starting flashing, which according to one of the forums suggests it a pressure switch not sensing error (I think).

I don't really know what that means, so I've cleaned out the drain again, was not that bad this time, but still same error.

If I turn off the power, and disconnect the drain, and put the pipe at the same height as the back of the driers drain (about 3cm of ground) the water comes freely out of the drier (into a bucket).

That suggests to me that the drin pump is not working, but I'm not sure.

Can someone advice me what I can do to fix this?

Sponsored Links
disconnect from the power supply

remove the pipe from the pressure switch under the lid and blow into each part (pipe and switch) the pipe should blow clear and easily, the switch should click several times.

check the wiring loom is connected properly (connectors are on tight) re-connect and try again.

thanks Leccy758

I tried that but for some reason it looks like the pressure switch is sticking on fully now. 2 & 4 LED's are now on. I watched it doing a rinse and spin cycle and saw it rinsing the washing, then it drained fully, then it put in more water and failed to empty. Then 2 & 4 came on (flashing)

I've tried the drain only setting with the drum full of water, and the big silver part at the top makes a racket as though there is a motor trying to start, and eventually it appears to start but the drain is not starting. Not sure if the program needs some kind of reset cause I think that's for the main program rather than a drain sequence.

Thanks in advance..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back