Hotpoint WD62 Washer Dryer - pumps sometimes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a problem with our Aquarius 1200 Washer Dryer (WD62), which we bought in 2001 and apart from a problem with the dryer thermostat in 2005 has been working fine. A point my wife made only last week. Consequently yesterday the wash cycle finished with the machine still full of soapy water.

Obvious candidate is the pump, so after bailing out most of the water I set about at the pump. The trap only had a shirt button and a bit of fluff in it, so I tried running a rinse cycle – no good machine won’t pump out. So I tried a spin cycle – lo and behold the machine does pump out.

So any help anyone can offer to fault find this would be appreciated.

By the way I noticed that the main motor brushes are sparking a bit and making a funny noise at low revs. So I guess I need new brushes, but is it possible this has anything to do with the other problem?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Rocks1, as Isaid the brushes seem worn on the main motor that drives the drum and I was wondering if this could possibly have anything to do with the pumping problem. But just to clarify are you saying to check these brushes or the brushes on the pump?

Sponsored Links
Brushes on the motor. Non on the pump. If they are less than 1 cm need changeing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back