Hotpoint WD640 Heater / Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wondering if you can help me. I had a F13 displayed a while ago not thought anything of it. Now went to use my Dryer as its colder now. Since looking this up ive had it open as its out of warrenty. The heater heats but the fan is stuck with all nasty black stuff.

Anyone know of a good parts place that wont rip me off.... Seen this ...

http://www.hotpointparts4u.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=295

Cheers
Rob.

Sponsored Links
there are 3 differant heater boxes versions for your mc ,all you need to do is undo the nut in the middle of fan and push it down 1 mm ,the nut undoes clockwise not anti clockwise its a 11 mm nut .it stops the fan hitting the lower heater box put a spot of locktite on the nut to stop it happening again

Thanks rocks1!!

Will give it a go. Can you recommend anything to clean it with... Will it hurt to steam it?

Rob.

no dont steam it just scrape any fuff off the heater box and adjust the fan

Sponsored Links
Got the fan going again, but heat element not working. thought it was before but could have been fan motor overheating. Any way to test thermastat? before buying 1 for 5 pound then the element for 33 pounds thanks in advance.

test the themostate with a continuity tester ,you will have a round disc next to heater a very small one size of 5 pence piece blob of paint on top you can reset it with a pin,or if you have a long yellow wire that is not resetable

bottom left is themostat 2 wires on it blue/geen and looks like yellow ,in the middle of that is a blob reset it with a pin

Hmm no joy. Not sure how far it goes in. Got it still running incase it wakes up :D

should just hear a click ,goes in about 3 mm,have you tested heater with a meter

Not got a metre... Or wrong kind.

Will have to get one from dad. Am i just making sure theres a current going over the thing i reset?

Thanks
Rob.

test heater first ,thats above the stat should be 25 /30 ohms ,continuity on the stat should bleep thats the one down bottom on the left,yes borrow a METER :)

Hi sorry about the delay .... got a metre it shows 230v through it.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back