Hotpoint aquarius WD640 not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hoping someone can give me some insight to an issue I am having with my washer dryer, not drying correctly.
There is a bit of background to this that may be relevant so I will add it.

I was recently away and as I live in an old house that has had previous issues I turn the mains water off.
When I returned I turned the water on and started the first washing load.
When removed the washing after a wash/dry cycle there was a puddle of water in the bottom of the machine, this pumped out successfully. (The top of the clothes pile had dried fine, the bottom obviously was wet).
I came back to the machine a couple of hour later and opened the door, water poured out onto the floor....
I determined that the inlet valve had jammed slightly open, I ordered a new valve and replaced it.

Now the next time I tried drying the clothes come out hot and steaming and I am trying to determine why (they are actually wetter than after the spin stage).

Current investigation:

The air dryer stage works fine.

Washing machine works fine so unlikely to be pump/filter issue.

I'm not 100% sure of the new valve, it fits and looks like the original, it is a 3 way valve, my washing machine was not on the list of that part however I doubt the list was exhaustive, I did have to swap the solenoids around to get the wires to fit in (the wire plugs are keyed somewhat, and while there is no exact match I did mange to find a combination that let me get all the wires connected) - I did photo the old part before I took it off so I know the correct wire controls the correct valve so that is not the issue.

I found out later that the reason my old valve got jammed open is a small flow restriction washer came detached and entered the valve. The machine is a bit strange as it actually has 4 directions for water, a 3 way valve and a single way valve (so 2 external inputs although both a cold fill by way of a Y connector). 2 valves go into the dispenser for washing, the other on the 3 way is the one that had issues and goes into the back of the drum (I assume to the condenser). The single way valve goes into the corner of the metal fan/air heater housing next to the drum, I'm not sure of its purpose, but I thought most washer driers had 3 inlets not 4.

Could it be the new part is letting too much water into the condenser?
Or is this a separate issue that has coincidently happened right now...possibly due to moving / opening up the machine?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Does the drum fill with water if not used for a couple of days? Water clean or dirty?
Does the waste pipe connect to the u bend under the sink or into a separate waste pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back