Replacing valve on Hotpoint WD62

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a water problem on mt washer dryer WD62.

Water was coming in during a dryer cycle, even with the machine turned off :cry:
Lucky me too.....the door seal was damaged from a caught tea towel, so i had a lovely flood to contend with. So turned off the machine, mopped up, went to bed. Next morning.....flooded again.
Meh.

Anyway, I have changed the seal and got a replacement valve (3 way cold inlet). VAL20 from a fleabay seller.

The valve looks very slightly different with one pair of the spade connectors turned round 90 degrees......AND my old valve has a red and a black insert in the edge of the outlet pipes on outlet 2 & 3 (counting downwards). The new valve has them on different outlets (red & yellow).

Now, the machine seems to be okay on wash.....but when I start a drying cycle, water spurts out of the top of black plastic vent on the top rear of the machine.

Do I need to change these inserts around ? Should the wiring be the same on the new part ?

Any pointers appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have a couple of spades on the wrong connections. water should come through the trickle valve on drying it looks like the wash inlet valve is opening instead.

Thanks Tockworth. I think you are right - update.

The new valve has a restrictor in the end of the valve tubes on numbers 1 & 2 (from top to bottom), the old valve had restrictors on 2 & 3.

I have cut out the red restrictor from tube 3 on the old valve and pushed it in tube 3 on the new valve and this has completely solved the squirting and the machine now dries fine.

However, the machine stops in mid cycle during say a quick wash.

Do you think that this down to the restrictor that is in tube 1 and shouldn't be ?

Sponsored Links
That sounds logical although it very much sounds like this part was not a direct replacement for this particular model when the machine is in rinse mode it needs an unrestricted fill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back