Hotpoint WDM960 Error code F-01

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a Hotpoint washing machine, wasnt the cheapest, figured it would last.

14 months old and I have had no problems until today, handwashed a top and put it in to spin, 16 mins came up and counted down but it did nothing, no spin, no movement of the drum.

It bleeped to say the 16 mins was up then a F01 error code came up and all the lights flashed, I couldnt use the off switch to turn it off and the door was locked.

I pulled the plug and switched it on, all the display went back to normal but same happened again.

Help I dont know what to do :( is it easily fixable?

Sponsored Links
F 01 = a shorted motor triac. Looks like you need a new pcb.
Your machine may not have been the cheapest but all Hotpoint electronics hold much the same quality...questionable at best.

hi, just found this article. this fault code has appeared on my machine. its 6 years old and its bee put thru its paces.

brfore the fault code appeared the spin cycle was laboured and making diffirent noises... is it possible the motor has packed in???

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back