Hotpoint wf320 washing machine losing cycles now dead,,,???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,,,I have a hotpoint washing machine it was a wf540 1400 spin,,,one cycle stopped working so I just changed to another cycle and it worked for ages then suddenly it lost every cycle and wont start when I press the start button,,,I had an almost identical washer with a ceased drum, a hotpoint wf320 1200 spin so I changed both circuit boards and hoped this would fettle it, well it worked for two washes then went dead almost, well every cycle but fast wash, then after one cycle on fast wash that packed up, ??? I'm guessing something is shorting the boards out so I changed to door lock for a new one but still same, any ideas anyone please ???

Sponsored Links
Looks like the brushes were worn down and shorted the circuit board,,, I read its usually the door lock or worn brushes that short the circuit board,,,will the circuit boards work again if I replace the brushes or are they permanently broke now,,,if so can they be fixed cheaply I wonder,,, ???

Attachments

• IMG_20220227_150707.jpg
    IMG_20220227_150707.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 60
Turned out it only needed new brushes,,,£10 off ebay and its working perfectly with either set of circuit boards,,,buzzin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back