hotpoint WF321G Acting Oddly

posted them both back to the place i bought it they gonna test it then ring me, will let you know what they say when i hear.

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty relieved Rocks also thinks it is a pcb fault...that nails it down for my part:cool:
Keep us posted.

ok there was a bang at the door this morning, it was the postman with a package, i opened it up and there was a pcb with a note on it, "we have re-tested your module and have not found any faults, However, the enclosed module is another module from our stock to enable you to try a different unit" so i looked at it and it is exactly the same as my old module, this one has the correct rated relays on it, plugged it in, fired the machine up on a fast spin and voila, one working hotpoint WF321G, so if the old board was not faulty then i guess the fault must have mysteriously sorted itself out!!! needless to say i rang EMW Electronics and demanded a refund on my postage!! Thanks for all ur help peeps, especially Zipper!! :D :D :D :D

Rocks hit the nail on the head regarding a programming issue:cool:
I don't know how or why it happened but the main thing is that you got it up & running again :D

Sponsored Links
It's because there are 3 smart cards needed to programme the pcb if it's done wrong it won't spin or go round. Also 3 different motors for this mc every pcb must have the commecial code which is 5 digits long and serial number and model number sent with it 2 various model numbers with this model ones got a welded tank ones a split tank as well. It's a mine field to get it right ,if you buy the smart card reader cost about 100 quid then u need the cards as well a tenner each. Once a cards used to prog it it's no good after that get it wrong and it's expensive. 1 pcb will fit all mcs but then you need to load the epprom. That's where it all goes wrong. Hope this helps anyone It's not a diy job.

They were the wrong relays some use the heater some use the motor I reckon they had wrong ones ftted . all emw do is replace faulty bits on the pcb but could have many faults on 1 pcb. After all they are made in other countries. ;)

hi guys,

could you please give me the reference of the transistor (or thyristor) Q9 right next to J4 connector. It has been explosed after a short circuit between two nets on connector J4... and now impossible to know what it is (was)

thks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back