Hotpoint wf340 Bizzare fault!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My hotpoint wf340 only seems to work when there's no washing in it. If i put any clothes in the drum it fails near the end of the wash with the rinse hold light flashing. However if remove all the clothes washer works fine. did a bit of googling and have cleaned the pump of coins and have soldered a new capicator on the main pcb (c17). I'm suspecting either belt or possibly carbon brushes on the motor can anyone help?????

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
You should check the brushes for wear but if they are OK there may be a fault in the motor windings which is reducing it's torque output.

Thanks for the quick response, washers 5 years old would that be about right for brushes??

Yes, the older Hotpoints with the motor on the top used to wear out their small brushes in about 2 years but the bigger brushes on your machine tend to last about 5 years.

Sponsored Links
What number light is rinse hold 123 or 4 then go by the chart on error codes

quick update, it's light number 3. removed carbon brushes they seemed ok, then checked the motor and one of the cables had sheared off, re-crimped it back into the block and it's doen 1 wash so far so fingers crossed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back