hotpointnot taking in hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've just extended plumbing into a cupboard for my hotpoint wf445 .the plumbing is working fine right up to the end of the hot intake hose and running freely when not connected to the machine,but when i turn the machine on to work on a hot wash all that happens is a humming noise from the back of the machine or if the cold intake is torned on then it just takes cold water in favour of the hot.ive checked that the filter is clean and know the hose isnt blocked . can anyone help me please. ta.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it does not take the hot at any stage? It might be taking in cold initially before starting the hot valve. If you have a multimeter you can test the resistance of the hot water solenoid valve, which should be a few thousand ohms. If not, you can sometimes pull the coil part off and swap the hot and cold coils over but I don't know if that is possible on your machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back