House alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new here, I've got a intellisense securit 800L alarm fitted in my new house, I'm not used to alarms this is my first experience with them, however when alarm is not set every time I open my garage the alarm goes off, this is annoying as I'm up early and already disturbing my new neighbours...how do I stop this happening?....

Sponsored Links
Hi, I would suggest that there is a key switch tucked away somewhere that isolates the garage door to allow access whenever required.

The door is going to be connected to a 24hr circuit in the controls to give a level of protection when the rest of the alarm is not set (turned on)
A good idea if you think about items that are normally kept in a garage along with the car.

Thanks for that but I'm sorry I forgot to mention that this has just started happening... I used to be able to open the garage door without the alarm sounding...so I'm still no further forward? I dont know how this has changed....

Sponsored Links
Yes full alarm fitted and everything sounds off inside and out...?

This is zone 8 , but will this still be activated when full alarm set? As I still want this working when fully set, but not working when in set...hope you understand

Zone 8 default is " panic alarm " either the panel has gone back to default 1234 user or there is a bypass switch .... Do you use 1234 to set alarm ?

Yes 1234 was the default when we moved in...zone 8 lights up when the garage is opened...this even lit up when I opened garage by mistake with the alarm fully set...

Sounds like zone 8 needs reprogramming !.... Do you use the the part set at night ? Code * 0 ?

Type in 7890 internal sounder goes press # day light should flash sounder stops .... Press 48 for zone 8 , it will probably show 4 press 1,led 1 now lit press * to confirm , now press # day light stops flashing .... If this works zone 8 now a normal alarm zone , go and test ... This is depending on software type ...

Sparkymarka...brilliant it worked...can't thank you enough, cheers everyone for the advice

Now you need to check/ replace the battery back up , it may be faulty for the sake of £10/15 just replace it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back