house alarm stopped working after power cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just got home to find there has been a power cut also the house alarm is no longer working
the keypad numbers are still lit up and there is a little hole which says power that glows green but this is not glowing, the main control unit in the garage still has the red led power inicator on, but the alarm will not set ,there is no sounds when i press any keys and the siren box on the outside wall is not flashing as it normally does when there has been a power cut in the past, the alarm is a round 9 years old and until now has never faulted ,the make of the alarm is Accenta

Sponsored Links
and the battery is how old?

take it out and see what happens, and the alarm is not supposed to go off when you have a powercut

Sponsored Links
learn something new eveyday :eek: is there any online retailers ,i've been around my area and i cant find anyone who does the batteries, are they expensive

Wont the OP need 2 batteries? If the one down in the panel is 9yrs old the bell box one is bound to be the same age.
But will they be the same model :rolleyes:

If the alarm worked with the battery before the power cut it should work after. What has happened is when the power comes back on the battery soaks up a load of current (after being depleted) and the surge is that big it blows the fuse in the panel. Happened to me a few weeks ago after a lengthy power cut. You need a fuse first of all - even though the battery is old.

6 to 10 years is a good life for batteries (stick to good ones as you have Yuasa etc). if you have a local electrical wholesaler these should cost around £6-£8 for the one you need. I guess price isnt that important though when it comes to securing valubles. good luck

I don't know why admin don't lock threads that are years old.

I don't know why admin don't lock threads that are years old.

Because admin think its good not to. I think its very stupid

(Gets on soap box)

Look at the number of times some one replies to an old post, yes they do it in all innocence, but all it then gets is ridicule and is more often than not (as this post shows) a complete waste of time as the job is usually been done, the OP no longer posts, or has given up with the idea.

Not always though.

The OP sometimes has the topic on 'watch' and will reply, or it can start a fresh debate on a subject which perhaps has been clarified since the OP.

While I've got you Breezer, what was that message you left on my profile on Sunday all about?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back