House alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had some work done in the house. Had to turn the power off. Once power back on, house alarm was sounding. I don’t know the code as I’ve never used it. Trader working on my house took out the fuse near panel box and the alarm turned off. Do I not need to worry about the alarm setting off randomly again?

Sponsored Links
With no power, it should be fine in the future. The fact that it turned off when he removed the fuse makes it sound like the back up battery is dead.

With no power, it should be fine in the future. The fact that it turned off when he removed the fuse makes it sound like the back up battery is dead.
Thought as much. Just have this horrible feeling that it’ll randomly set off in the middle of the night when I’m at work! Haha

Sponsored Links
Thought as much. Just have this horrible feeling that it’ll randomly set off in the middle of the night when I’m at work! Haha

A customer of mine had a really old Yale alarm- never used. One day it went off. I did the same thing as your tradesman. The customer moved out after years. It did not go off in that time.

If you are concerned, open up the box and yank out the battery

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back