Scantronic 9448 Style+ Alarm will not set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK so a few weeks back we had a power cut. Power came back on some time later so went to alarm control panel as the alarm was sounding, entered code and nothing happened, tried several times and could not get alarm to switch off / reset so turned power supply off at the mains fuse box and left it. Taken another look today after getting some note from here in other posts. I turned mains fuse back on, alarm sounding.....entered default code 1234 and alarm turned off...great!! I then turned mains off again, opened up the front of the control panel to check fuses, there are 3 off them, all next to each other, one was blown so replaced it. Closed cover, turned mains back on, entered code to stop alarm and then entered again to reset. Thought I would now try and set the alarm so entered code 1234 again, he panel started beeping slowly and I left the roon/garage! and closed the garage door. Within 10 secs or so the alarm just sunds again and all the zones on the panel are lit red? There are only 2 zones, downstaits garage and upstairs above the garage/office. Any suggestiions please?

As far as I am aware the battery will be around 3-4 years old

Sponsored Links
panel gone back to default setting, you have had zones programmed as not used instead of linked out on panel. check all spare zones for wire links for a start.

panel gone back to default setting, you have had zones programmed as not used instead of linked out on panel. check all spare zones for wire links for a start.

Hi, thanks for reply. How do I do this? Open panel and physically check wires?

Sponsored Links
you got it.

Just nipped down and taken front cover off panel. Green circuit board has on the far right hand sise zones goign from bottom to top Z1 Z2 etc

There are blue and yelow wires going to Z1 and EE only, a red and a black cable going to 12V Aux and a green wire loop in AT

so no wire links in z3,4,5,6 ? what zones light up when you try to set system ?

I am working late in the office at the moment and appreciatte that you probably help people out and respond to some topics in the evening but would you mind at all if i could call you tomorrow and go through this with you on the phone?

Paddy

press 0 enter 7890 this get you into engineering press 15 enter this will show zones not used default all zones on, press 3,4,5,6 these lights will go out press enter then 99 enter to exit engineering now try system ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back