scantronic 9448+ style help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved into a house and the alarm randomly went off with zone 6 illuminated. When the code was entered the alarm silenced but it didnt clear the system zone 6 still illuminated. Is this a case of having to reset the system or a fault with the zone 6 sensor. P.S previous owner hasnt left the users manual so dont have the engineers code or anything. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
What is zone 6 ? It can be a panic alarm on zone 6 check for a small matchbox sized unit with a red push button on it , it may need a key to reset it.

ahhhhh yes i completley forgot about that we dont use it and at the minute its just coiled up but with a 2 year old running around that would explain it. im not sure the previous owner has left a key for it so will have to have a look. Thanks

Was going to say have you got kids ! Lol . you can undo the front and push the magnet back up to reset it,the window may now show green

Sponsored Links
Code once to shut it up (check LEDs) and a second time to reset the alarm

Set/unset system. Code

Part Set. 2 + ENTER + Code

Omit Zone. Zone No. + OMIT + Code

Keypad PA. 1 + 3 (together)

Bell Test. 4 + ENTER + Code

Walk Test. 5 + ENTER + Code (OMIT to end test)

Change User Code. 6 + current Code, current Code again, new Code

Chime on/off. 7 + ENTER + Code

Read Log. 8 + ENTER + Code, 1 to go back in time, 3 to go forward

Blimey! It took me so long to type out the user guide that there's been a complete conversation!! :eek:

I've used a small Allen key to reset a PAB...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back