House Converting Into 4 Flats - Sub Main Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
House Converting into 4 flats

I have a project just starting and have consulted the regs without an answer being found, I’m confident that what I propose doing is correct however a bit of advice would be much appreciated.

I am currently doing my first project under the 17th edition, regarding house/flat conversions.

My question is under the 17th edition, bs7671 requires all cable concealed in walls less than 50mm from the surface to be protected by a 30mA rcd unless protected by earthed metal conduit or wired in surface trunking, My client requires all cables to be concealed within the property.

My question is.
Can I still use S.W.A, as the armoured itself is earthed steel? (my line of thinking is steel wired armoured serves the same purpose as earthed conduit surrounding the cable)

Additional protection will be obtained where the SWA passes through stud timbers less than 50mm by the use of “safe T plates”

Cheers

Rob

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, I have checked that reg and i belive i have met the requirement.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back