House front stone removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Im hoping you can help me out. Im trying to identify the stone on the front of my house, and suggest any options that I have for removing / covering or just options.

I dont beleive its cladding, as other houses in the street you can see the full stone in depth.
The house has pebbledash on other parts of the house, but this stone front at the front window.

I want to tidy up the house, and hoping you maybe able to help me identify these and any options I have.

thanks Tom

Attachments

• A8862D71-B1DC-45D9-9029-731FE0E07C61.jpeg
    A8862D71-B1DC-45D9-9029-731FE0E07C61.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 195
Sponsored Links
doesn’t matter what stone it is. clad with pvc or render over it.

If your house is made of stone, you can't remove it.
You can cover it, but it may make it stick out among the others

If the house is on it's own, which I doubt, external insulation might be one way?
Or paint

Sponsored Links
The rest of the house is covered in Pebbledash, its just this area, I imagine it has a breezeblock inner lining, and this is the external "for show" piece.
I don't think its a thin cladding, I believe this section of the house is fronted with these stones.

I'd rule external insulation out, as the house is already warm enough, (too warm for my liking)

The issue is that these stones, protrude out further than the pebbledash, so just cladding ontop would give a 2" or more step from pebbledash, to this.

Painting could be an option, but is there a particular name for this, that could help me look into ways of covering, removing, etc. That I could take away to research?

Thanks Tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back