House Husbands

S

Shutpa

Because of my age I avoid working unless I really have to. Most of the time I am a very competent house husband with a strict routine. I do the cleaning, hoovering, dusting, washing, ironing, gardening and all the other 'ings' apart from shopping and cooking. More to the point, I do them better than most women would do. You can come into my house ( 5 bedrooms, a shower room complete with toilet, a bathroom with toilet and a toilet on its own, a playroom, a computer room as well as various cupboards and walk-in wardrobes and the usual main rooms), move any piece of furniture, and you would be lucky if you found any dust that had been lying for more than about three days.

But why should I tell you this? Well this morning having coffee with a group of five women, all five admitted that if they had, for example, to move a bed to allow a workman access, then they would be ashamed because of the dirt underneath. They also admitted to, at times, having a mountain of ironing Yet not one of them works. Some women have an easy life.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
bolo! you are indeed a good house husband (if what you say is true)(i've no reason to believe otherwise).
Why don't you do any cooking?

bolo! you are indeed a good house husband (if what you say is true)(i've no reason to believe otherwise).
Why don't you do any cooking?

In a reply to another posting elsewhere, I stated that I don't tell lies and I meant it. For example if one of my friends wants to know the truth about something then I tell them. If Mrs B gets a new dress or perhaps a hairdo and asks for my opinion I always tell her what I think. Last week when a neighbour asked if I knew who was responsible for something that had happened to him, I told him that I was that person.
Why dont I do any cooking? I cant cook. Five or six attempts to make different dishes have been complete disasters, not least when I tried to make soup without peeling the turnip.

:LOL: :LOL:

PS As I have admitted in a reply to another posting, I once told a terrible lie and have regetted it ever since, even after 40 years.

I don't tell lies ;) think about it! :LOL:

How can I think about you not telling lies? I don't even know if you are telling the truth when you say that you don't tell lies or lying when you claim to speak the truth. If you lie about speaking the truth, how on earth do you expect me to believe you when you say that in truth you are a liar. I ask you. But don't tell me because believe me,I won't believe you!

luvly!
re your cleaning of all them 5 bedrooms, are you a Obsessive-compulsive? which would account for why you don't cook.

luvly!
re your cleaning of all them 5 bedrooms, are you a Obsessive-compulsive? which would account for why you don't cook.

Nope. It's my job and takes about an hour and a half a day. I'm not complaining but I did expect to get replies from some irate wives. Clearly, the partners of the members on this forum agree with me.

But why should I tell you this?

Because you like to brag about your 5 bedroomed house?
So do I :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: but I don`t clean mine much ......nor does Mrs. F...I just decorate it/ plumb it re-wire it , and the rest of the time I`m in the garage with bikes :LOL: :cool: ...oh, and 1 of the bedrooms is a air-brushing studo......I`m getting into m/cycle "art" :rolleyes: Bolo.....you`ve got 1 more bog than me :evil: I shall put a urinal in the garage :idea:

Bolo.....you`ve got 1 more bog than me :evil: I shall put a urinal in the garage :idea:

I only told you about the original house - we now have a 2 bedroom extention. Didn't mention it in my first post beause I thought that it might sound a bit much and that some posters might think that I was bragging! The result is that you now need another 2 toilets. Don't worry about it though becauseI don't have a garage.

:) :)

Nope. It's my job and takes about an hour and a half a day. I'm not complaining but I did expect to get replies from some irate wives. Clearly, the partners of the members on this forum agree with me.

If Mrs H ever read that She'd nail you up with a Paslode one-handed, an hour and a half? For all that? "Go back and do it again properly sunshine" that's what She'd say.

Top show and nowt else.

Quit while you're ahead, that's my advice. :LOL:

Hi PJHB, it is most entertaining trying to imagine what you might be saying in a reply to a post that I have made, when you should know that I 'ignore' them. I trust that just like your alter-ego, you are keeping up to speed with your "Er(r)s" ( the 2 R's throw people off the scent), your foreign phrases, ( which highlight your superb educational background), and your use of words from the land of antiquity.

What I am trying to say is good luck to you and your alternative personality. Best wishes also to joe-90, solo, MW, gcol, billyo, Tim West and all those competent DIY people who have helped me in the past: Empip, Spark123 and JohnD have been there at my beck and call and I thank them for that.

I tried to sign off with one of my kids jokes tonight but it fell flat - but there you go, thats life!

PS PJHB, I never for one minute thought that you were you-know-who, and Solo, you were never were what I accused you of, (I cant even remember what it was), I just wanted to wind you up. Lang may both your lums reek!

I honestly fear that abuse could destroy this forum and I hope that members will bear this in mind. Bye.

My last action will be to un-ignore the ignored.

Aw, I hate it when a good man commits 'internet forum suicide'

He'll never know how much he was loved wail, sniff

:cry:[/b]

Sponsored Links
Back