House rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having the pebble dash taken off my house and we want the house to be rendered for a flat smooth look. We were planning on having colour rendering but have been advised by our rendered that recently people have been having problems with this and cracks are appearing. We are not keen on having to paint the house and really wanted the colour render which avoids the problem of painting. I wondered if it was true that there have been a number of cases of cracking? or if anyone can please suggest any of options available which will provide a good finish that will require little maintenance in years to come. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Render only cracks if the substrate is poor and any defects in the substrate are not rectified, K-rendis the only coloured render i have seen in the flesh and watched being applied but i feel it is a good product imo, although you need someone with experience to apply it, has your current renderer had any experience with the product as this may be why he is keen to steer clear of it.

hi m8 im in kent too if you want i can pop oveans show you all the colurs
and all types of render.
bace coats top coats m2 and cost and i have show board that you can see
drop me a line and ill try too help
pm me

-------------------

Personal details removed to avoid spamming
mod 9

dont pick your mats before you pick your spread,all through colour flat coats will crack if applied wrong,find a good spread well versed in new morter and he will advise.

Sponsored Links
dont pick your mats before you pick your spread,all through colour flat coats will crack if applied wrong,find a good spread well versed in new morter and he will advise.

Exactly right - an ordinary lime render by a tradesman will be better than a Krend/Weber etc by a chancer!

you cant bace a job like that as you get soo much more benerfits with a prebaged render then lime render din by your average jo
cowboy.
iv done loads of prebaged render and about the same with lime render and the better render id say by rair is prebaged and colurs are life time the finish is more sharp colured beeds to mach just cant beet prebaged render sorry but it is how it is

you cant bace a job like that as you get soo much more benerfits with a prebaged render then lime render din by your average jo
cowboy.
iv done loads of prebaged render and about the same with lime render and the better render id say by rair is prebaged and colurs are life time the finish is more sharp colured beeds to mach just cant beet prebaged render sorry but it is how it is

I think you've taken me up wrong! I was just echoing what external said - the man is more important than the material- I think taping and jointing is inferior to skimming, but I'd rather good jointing than poor skimming.

I prefer coloured renders myself as well.

quote@micilin
Exactly right - an ordinary lime render by a tradesman will be better than a Krend/Weber etc by a chancer!
TOTALY CORRECT
a good lime render by a tradesman(and top labour)will be there till the end,im working on an 1800s building and the render still doing its job,just the window change to be patched,show me some krend/weatherby/sto /weber thats been up that long and ill call you a liar!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back