Housewarmer 44 back boiler air intake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Housewarmer 44 back boiler from 1986, which will be updated later.
The air intake is from the room, so it must suck in cold air into the house.
What I would like to know is can I add an air intake from the floor cavity instead(Timber floor)? If so how big should the hole through the floorboards be?
Cheers, Camerart

Sponsored Links
If it’s ducted to outside and the correct size and access for inspection,,so not much point as still getting air from outside.

If it’s ducted to outside and the correct size and access for inspection,,so not much point as still getting air from outside.
Hi C,
It's not ducted, it's a back boiler where the air is from the room.
C

Sponsored Links
housewarmer 45 i take it ,
then it needs a vent of 73cm2 and if floor completely open under neath boards an not compartmentalized the same in outside wall if outside wall has several vent already if they add up to minimum 73cm2 then that is acceptable.
But you will still be getting the same cold air drawn in ,
Also take air from under your floor it cannot be open to any other properties attached

Last edited:
housewarmer 45 i take it ,
then it needs a vent of 73cm2 and if floor completely open under neath boards an not compartmentalized the same in outside wall if outside wall has several vent already if they add up to minimum 73cm2 then that is acceptable.
I'll check all of that, I can cut a 100mmx100mm square out of a floor board.
But you will still be getting the same cold air drawn in ,
True, but not extracting heat out of the house.
Also take air from under your floor it cannot be open to any other properties attached
It isn't.
Thanks, C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back