Hoval Topgas 45-4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for an installation manual for one of these... can anyone please help?

Many thanks, will be fitting it in the new year.

Sponsored Links
Weird I always find an installation Manual in the packaging with the boiler- or has it fallen from the back of a lorry?? :confused:

Sponsored Links
yeah its 2nd hand... going to rip out the potterton, although I also bought a Keston C55 of fleabeay too, just in case there is a problem with the Hoval... the hoval is about 3 times larger than the Keston...

Whatever happened to Whole house sizing?? Good luck with that ;)

I have a 50KW Potterton in situ, and the Hoval is 45Kw, the Keston 55... but the Hoval is about 3 times the physical size of the Keston... the Keston is pretty small actually, the hoval is about the size of a medium fridge, but I am excited about fitting this.

The issues I have are that will Hoval want to know when I call them, and explain that the boiler is used?

I have had a look at the boiler and the installation, and there's more to it than normal...

I am not fitting this myself by the way, I am just doing some preliminary checks...

I have 4 wires comming out of the Hoval, I take it power, pump, frost stat and thermostat... I will also have to reduce the water pipes from about 35mm to 22mm.

I was also hoping to get it checked over by someone from Hoval, to optimise it, and I may get a service contract if it's reasonable enough...

what are your thoughts on that?

Hoval will want about £300 + Vat to commission it (they charge a day rate for everything) you will have to make sure it is installed to the letter, or the Engineer will walk away leaving you with the bill ;)

Hoval probably wont commision it cos its second hand.

If they do it'll probably be one of their buisness partners/commisioning firms such as Instatherm that will come and do it.

Shame you've bought a Keston,a new one is bad enough but 2nd hand your really running the risk.

the C40/55 suffer with the following, PCB failures,fan failures,electrode droop, internal flue hose failure and split HEX's but dont let that put you off.

Kestons only last and work reliably on a clean well designed system normally feed into a low loss regardless.

Have you worked out how your connecting your 2 boilers.

If they do it'll probably be one of their buisness partners/commisioning firms such as Instatherm that will come and do it.

Shame you've bought a Keston,a new one is bad enough but 2nd hand your really running the risk.

the C40/55 suffer with the following, PCB failures,fan failures,electrode droop, internal flue hose failure and split HEX's but dont let that put you off.

Kestons only last and work reliably on a clean well designed system normally feed into a low loss regardless.

No I want to fit the Hoval, but if I get any issues, I will fit the Keston.

No I want to fit the Hoval, but if I get any issues, I will fit the Keston.

Is there anything I should be aware of when fitting theis Hoval... like it not working without some code from Hoval or anything??? I donlt want any nasty surprises

pmsl :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thought you'd like that. :LOL:

Nasty surprises-no easy to fit if a little large, easy wiring...depends if all the bits are there and your installers fitted Hoval before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back