How are these brackets supposed to be mounted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm tidying the garage and found these. Pretty heavy duty and would be useful, but I've not the faintest idea how to attach them to the wall!

Do I need specific fittings? Just can't figure out why the triangular mounting bit.

IMG_20190515_130403.jpg

Sponsored Links
Don’t look like wall brackets, but you could fix with a screw thru a large washer thru the triangular section.

Look more like tools or handles for lifting a heavy cover or similar.

they are very similar to my handles for lifting manholes/drain covers, but the tip is a different shape. Look round your house. I think they might fit a key-hole shaped lifting hole.

The triangular end is the hand-hold.

If you have paving with the bricks or slabs let into a tray-like lid, those are very heavy.

Sponsored Links
It was definitely in the hooks and storage section at b&q but I recall just grabbinga bunch of different things. Either I got these by mistake or they were part of some system I didn't by the other end of!

Thanks

they are very similar to my handles for lifting manholes/drain covers, but the tip is a different shape. Look round your house. I think they might fit a key-hole shaped lifting hole.

The triangular end is the hand-hold.

If you have paving with the bricks or slabs let into a tray-like lid, those are very heavy.
Way too flimsy for heavy lifting and would not be rubber tipped .
Look like shop fitting for display .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back